Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A New You = A Healthy Wife!


A New You = A Healthy Wife!

Of course I would never set out to start a blog, name it A Healthy Wife, and write about healthy wifey things sounding holier than thou because all you other wives need to get your acts together and I am the healthiest wife.

Not a chance!




No, I am NOT on a rant because I received negative feedback from a reader and need to set the story straight.





I AM on a soapbox because I want to make sure I clearly share my heart with my readers.




God, through his providence and grace has allowed my husband and I to experience an “extreme mercy” on His behalf. There are many small stories of grace and mercy along the way, but the extreme part came with a moral failure. This failure led to devastation in our marriage, ministry, family/friends, health, reputation, and work.

After intense molding and shaping on the Potter’s wheel, I am passionate about supporting other hurting women in similar circumstances. I write from my heart and my experiences -with the hope that something I write may encourage or spur another woman forward in her quest for emotional and relational health. 

The heartfelt mission behind “A Healthy Wife” blog is to create a supportive community among hurting women and share that there is freedom and healing available through a relationship with Jesus Christ.

There is no doubt in my mind that Jesus Christ, alone, saved out marriage.

Did we have to do a lot of soul searching and gut wrenching work? YES. Years worth and it continues on.

Did we hate each other at times?

Were we separated?

Did we put our therapist’s kids through a few years of college with all the fees we paid for counseling?

Yes, yes, and probably yes.

Did the hope that we found in Christ and his offer of second chance redemption give us enough of a spark to press on toward a “someday” trust again, “someday” heal these wounds?

Definitely, Yes. 

“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waves roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.” Psalm 46:1-3

“We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.” Hebrews 6:19a

“Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.” 
Hebrews 10: 23, 24

If it were not for Christ in our own hearts and lives we would not be where we are today. God gave us the ability to do all of the hard work required to begin healing our broken marriage.

I will never claim that our marriage or any marriage is completely healed. Every relationship we have is a process – a continuing journey toward better health and deeper communication and intimacy.

Sorry to pop anyone’s bubble, but no one ever completely “arrives” here on Earth. When we reach heaven we will be as complete as possible.

“Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.” I Corinthians 13:12

My heart is so full with the hope of healing for others who are struggling as wives and mothers. There is so much hope and promise in a relationship with Christ.



A “relationship with Jesus” may sound weird to those who are not familiar with those phrases, but it is as easy as this:

Admit that you have no control over your own life. You do bad things and need a higher power to help you stop doing these “sins”. Jesus is that higher power and he alone can save you.

Jesus said in the Bible, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father (God) except through me.” John 14:6

The Bible also says, “All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” Romans 6:23

All humans are in this “sin” dilemma and need forgiveness.

Believe that Jesus Christ came to Earth to pay the penalty for your sins by giving his life for yours. He then was resurrected and returned to heaven where you will be with him forever when you die.

“But God demonstrates His own love for us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8 
“For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 3:23.
Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures.” I Corinthians 15:3,4

“Believe on the Lord Jesus and you will be saved.” Acts 16:31

We all have a sin debt and Jesus paid it with his life. If you believe that he really did pay that debt you are FULLY forgiven and made new. Jesus is the only one who can fill the empty hole you have in your heart.



Commit to now live your new life by God’s direction and in obedience to God.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 2 Corinthians 5:17
“Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – his good, pleasing and perfect will.” Romans 12:2


My relationship with Jesus Christ has made the biggest difference in who I am today. I would not have survived the pain of my broken marriage and life without Him carrying me through. If you have made this decision today or would like to talk more about this – please leave a comment on the blog post or privately email me at pandshuber@gmail.com. It would be my pleasure to connect with you.

After making this decision it is really important that you find a group of other Bible believing people in your area. You may have to search the Internet to find a good church that you can attend. Growing and learning with other people who believe the Bible is very important. You will also need to get a copy of the Holy Bible and begin reading it. I would recommend starting in the section called “John”. There are many versions of the Bible out there. If you have a choice I would recommend an easy to read version of the Bible known as the New International Version or NIV for short. All of the verses in this post were taken from that version.

With a Bible in hand and a church to attend you will be well on your way to growing and healing. 

1 comment:

  1. As one who gets to walk through life with you and Husband, I can attest to the fact that you are both living out a great statement made by James McDonald of Walk in the Word during his recent series on trials: "I'm here for God... Here to display the superiority of the life lived in God!" That superiority is of course not shown through perfection, but through the courage and strength to address the imperfections with grace and truth. As Tim Keller says in his book, The Meaning of Marriage, "it isn't ultimately your spouse who is exposing the sinfulness of your heart - it's marriage itself." (p. 140). "What, then, is marriage for? It is for helping each other to become our future glory-selves, the new creations that God will eventually make us... What keeps the marriage going is your commitment to your spouse's holiness." (p. 121 & 123).
    And your lives are a testimony to the goodness of God and the superiority of life in Him.

    ReplyDelete